STATUS is a monthly Asian youth culture magazine, focusing on the future of fashion, music, art, and urban lifestyles–from Manila to Singapore, Seoul to Paris, LA to New York, and everywhere in between. STATUS features today’s tastemakers and trendsetters from musicians, actors, directors, designers, photographers, and artists. We are always on the watch for rising trends as they gain ground in the streets. We excite, inspire, and affect the influencers of tomorrow.
For product reviews, features, internships, job applications and other related concerns, please see our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is a copy of STATUS Magazine?
- I want to get magazine copies. How?
- How can I be an intern?
- I want to work for STATUS. How do I apply? What are the requirements?
- I’m a writer/photographer/artist and I want to contribute to your magazine. How do I go about it?
- Hey! I’m a really good musician/fashion designer/director/artist/photographer and I want me and my works be featured in STATUS. Would that be possible?
- I want to feature my products/business in your publication. Could you kindly tell me how? Sincerely, Company X.
- How do I invite STATUS Magazine to cover an event? How do I send my invite?
How much is a copy of STATUS Magazine?
STATUS is only P140.
I want to get magazine copies. How?
You can buy a copy of STATUS at selected National Bookstore branches, in all Fully Booked, Power Books, CV Magazine, Just In Magazine, and Booksale stores nationwide. You can also grab a copy of the magazine at Greyone Social in Greenbelt 5 and at Secret Fresh in The Ronac Art Center, Ortigas Avenue, Greenhills.
If you want to read us on your desktop computer or carry STATUS everywhere on your iPad/iPhone/Android tab, etc., check statusmagonline.com/digital-magazine to get STATUS via issuu.com. You can even get past issues for free. Download issuu’s app to get easier access of our online issues straight in your mobile!
- BACK ISSUES
If you’re looking for a past issue of STATUS, you can call us up at (02) 519-3582 and looks for Ms. Eva Roque or e-mail email@example.com to inquire and we’ll see if we have any left in the office. Make sure to put “BACK ISSUES” in the subject of your email.
If you don’t want to miss out on an issue of STATUS and want to have it delivered at your doorstep, call (02) 519-3582 and look for Ms. Eva Roque or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your inquiry. Please put “STATUS SUBSCRIPTION” in the subject of your email. Then again, you could always download our latest issue at our website, statusmagonline.com/digital-magazine.
How can I be an intern?
We want interns in our editorial, art, and marketing departments who are street- and book-smart, well-versed with youth culture, hard-working, willing to learn, and fun to be around with (yep, we’re a crazy but diligent bunch ‘round here). If you think you fit all our qualifications and then some, e-mail us.
If you’re interested to be an Editorial intern, email your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.
If you want to be our Fashion intern, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For art interns, email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio at email@example.com.
And for marketing, send in your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to put “STATUS INTERN” in the subject of your email.
As an intern, you are expected to:
- Come at least 3 working days per week.
- Assist us with pull-outs and shoots
- Write for our magazine and blog
- Create artwork/assist with layout
- Promote our magazine along with other marketing duties
In return, we provide you with a real-life understanding of how a publication works, and you get to work with some of the coolest, most creative people. Of course, there are more perks as well–but be prepared to work really hard.
I want to work for STATUS. How do I apply? What are the requirements?
We are always in a look out for talented individuals who want to be part of the STATUS team. For those who wish to apply, e-mail your resume, cover letter (saying what you want to do, what you can do, and why you would be perfect for STATUS), plus STATUS-related sample work to the corresponding emails below.
For Editorial (email@example.com):
- Interest in fashion, art, music, and street culture
- Good writing skills
- Somebody who actually reads STATUS is a major plus!
- Works great under pressure (can still keep his/her sanity intact during deadlines)
- Has good research skills
For Art (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Must have their own laptop for work
- Can work with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Should be able to do basic illustration and typography
- Has keen attention to detail
- Has good research skills
- Photography and post-processing skills are a plus
- Must be able to work with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere
- Should be able to shoot and edit videos
- Able to storyboard, precompose, and animate motion graphics
- Must be able to work with CSS, HTML, and WordPress themes
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is preferred
For Marketing (email@example.com):
- Must be good in communication, researching, and multitasking
- Be creative in conceptualizing/coming up with ideas
- Know how to dress well and look presentable at all times
- Be willing to extend long hours at the office to meet with clients and deal with projects
- Must be updated with magazines, fashion, events, advertising, and media trends
I’m a writer/photographer/artist and I want to contribute to your magazine. How do I go about it?
If you are familiar with the feel of STATUS and think you have something to offer that would make us even better, send us the following:
- Portfolio showcasing your works that are related to the image and feel of our magazine
- Your resume
- A letter of intent why you want to contribute with us
We’re always on the lookout for fresh views and pioneering insights, and we appreciate new talents as long as they are aligned with the direction of the magazine. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hey! I’m a really good musician/fashion designer/director/artist/ photographer and I want me and my works be featured in STATUS. Would that be possible?
OF COURSE! If you think you perfectly capture the essence of youth culture and represent the vibe of our magazine, send us a message at email@example.com.
Tell us something about yourself, why we should feature you and what makes you special enough to deserve our attention.
Who knows–we might just end up becoming your biggest fans.
PRODUCT FEATURES/PRESS RELEASES
I want to feature my products/business in your publication. Could you kindly tell me how? Sincerely, Company X.
We like featuring the freshest and dopest swag in our publication, whether these are gadgets, clothes, or accessories. We also like featuring the coolest places and establishments (i.e. restaurants, salons, bars, etc.) that our readers might be interested to check out.
E-mail us your press materials in advance (two to three months is best) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I invite Status Magazine to cover an event? How do I send my invite?
Hey! We always enjoy meeting new people, eating free food, and free booze! Address your letter to Denise Mallabo (Managing Editor) and email your invite to email@example.com or have your invite delivered at the STATUS HQ: Unit 205, 2/F Oppen Bldg., 349 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Bel Air, Makati.