You know, we work hard and play hard in STATUS, but Philippine Fashion Week is just really pure business to us. The internet starts cracking, my matte nails start breaking up, and traffic couldn’t get any worse. But, we can’t deny the guilty pleasure of watching all those beautiful creations walk down the runway. Plus, it’s the only time of the year where EVERYONE in the team is Go See-ready at the same damn time. We killed Day 3 and let me tell you why.
What We Saw:
Menswear proved to be promising with cropped tops, cutout tops, and medges (men + wedges). Some of the boys were walking around half-naked in nothing but a pair of jeans! We are truly grateful for the time you’ve put in the gym, Mr. Male Model. You are greatly appreciated.
We couldn’t help but feel proud as we watched the collections of the Dubai-based designers Albert Andrada, Bandoix Flores, Butz Fuentes, Ezra Santos + Kermit Tesoro who blinded us with all those bejeweled creations. The shows just get better and better every year.
What We Heard:
The tunes from the menswear show are still ringing in our ears. Geez guys! Give the girl a break!
The Verve — “Bittersweet Symphony”
Kanye West — “Love Lockdown”
Angels & Airwaves — “Surrender”
Gotye ft. Kimbra — “Somebody That I Used To Know” Dubstep Remix
What We Wore:
While everyone else stuck to blues and blacks, an intern and I wore pastels. Color us happy, I guess.
The stress levels on fashion week is beyond this year. Audience are pushing and shoving plus the fact, that you need to look extra special. Just wanted to say that everyone looked fab and that please, let’s all be nice and not kill each other for good seats. Thank you very much.—DIZZYRIZZY
- Mr. Bouncer at the door got kinda frustrated when everyone wasn’t filling in ranks and started preaching. Awww, we feel you!
- A certain newbie intern brought the wrong runway photog to us. #FAIL
- The same intern was caught all lovey-dovey in the couches on #PHFashionWeek. Who knew SMX would be the new Luneta Park?
- A certain editor enjoyed her time out way too much. She is seriously contemplating sitting-out the rest of the week. Ummm, maybe no?
- We heard through Twitter that certain X models weren’t allowed to walk. WHY NOT? Meanwhile, we spotted certain model sitting front row looking very, very fierce though.
- Another model had a hard time walking in KT’s shoes that she fell… twice? We feel bad about the incident but we applaud you at the same time for standing up and continuing to walk the runway.