Sure, we enjoyed the whole ordeal just as we do every season, but hip, hip, effin’ hooray—Philippine Fashion Week has come to a close! No more skipping meals, no more running in heels. Breathe deep and wear a plain white tee today! Congratulations to all the people that make Philippine Fashion Week successful, season after season. Congratulations to all the talented designers. And congratulations to all of us who attended, for celebrating Filipino fashion together. The Philippines is where it’s at! (Yeah, it is more fun.)
What We Saw:
It was the last day, so it felt like everyone wanted to go out with a bang. From the extravagant shows to the extravagant outfits of those who attended them, Philippine Fashion Week day 6 was a lot to take in. SMX was packed with every shade of style in the spectrum, and each one was wowed. From the first show with corpse brides and dark nymphs to the ethereal Michael Cinco showcase for Bench and, of course, Jerome Salaya Ang’s operatic finish. Suffice it to say, Fashion Week did end with a bang!
What We Heard:
From Unica Hija’s Madonna to Jerome Salaya Ang’s prima donna, here are some of the tunes that got our feet tap-tapping.
We love Lana, Woodkid, and Mike Lavarez for using this song.
Booty-shaker at Nixon Marquez.
Unica Hija had a Madonna-thon.
Jerome Salaya Ang merged Björk with the live soprano arias of Ana Feleo.
What We Wore:
And it’s a smooth glide to the finish line. See you again in October!
Some of the last day shows themselves were WTF-worthy simply because they were so grand! But here are some other moments that had us swearin’.—D-SIÓN
- We hear a certain Fashion Week fixture might go bye-bye next season due to a losing $treak. Whatever happens, we hope they find a worthy replacement. Something that can match this PhFW fave’s influence for the past seasons.
- Tsk tsk tsk. Oh those darned interns, telling other people who’s gracing the cover of our Green Issue out this June. Be patient, guys! Tomorrow’s the reveal. And this Saturday’s Earthly Delights party co-presented with Keds will celebrate its launch.
- There’s been a lot of ethical drama these past few days. Let’s get better… together! Translation: If it’s an attitude transformation we want from others, it takes an attitude of kindness that transcends transgressions, regardless of right or wrong. Despite what the Scissor Sisters sang, let’s not fight fire with fire, lest we all burn out.
- We don’t usually mind kooky runway antics, but this guest star for the night was hamming up with some really goofy faces. Sorry if we had to stifle our chuckles.
- A lot of shoe-stumbling moments this week, but we didn’t expect one from some goddezz, this model fave of ours. Oh my! Good thing she could laugh it off, proving she’s a real winner. We still love you, girl! Even if your flawless walk isn’t so flawless after all.
- We enjoy crowd-watching to pass the time between shows. When someone physically stands out from the crowd, we naturally wanna capture the moment. He didn’t look too amused, though. Oops! We promise we didn’t post your picture on Instagram, ol’ sir.
Photographed by Nikki Ruiz & Danica Condez