Not even the dripping weather can rain on our parade.
Our happy band of merry editors and interns made its way to the second day of Philippine Fashion Week with the best news in our straining screams of excitement and beating hearts that just can’t keep still. While Korea may be invading the Fashion Week scene (not to mention the SM Arena c/o the boys of Big Bang) we at STATUS couldn’t be happier and more proud of our fashion editor Dizzyrizzy who is flying to the land of Kimchi, Lee Min Ho, and BB cream for their very own Fashion Week. 잘다녀오십시오! (Bon voyage!!)
What We Saw
The K-Pop craze spills over to the SMX side with our friendly Korean models taking over the runway. Could this signal the end of the Brazilian craze? We hope not. I personally would rather have the whole United Nations present. The more the merrier!
What We Heard
Dax Bayani opens the first show with the help of a former STATUS cover and Maestro.
What We Wore
From paying homage to beloved literary characters to dressing to make Rei Kawakubo proud, STATUS doesn’t force style out. We just have fun with it.
BTW, our interns are getting fiercer and fiercer! Doin’ us proud, babies.
- There’s a friendly reminder right before the show: “All guests seated in the first two rows must remain seated for the duration of the show.” My dears, we are not watching the latest movie screening at an old cinema while eating popcorn. Sit your asses down or get the hell out.
- It’s hard to contain one’s self when erotic temptations are in view but we’re are not here to be fangirls, mkay, calm your tits and get on with it.
- We love seeing our baby girls moving on, or rather, going back to greener pastures. Dallas Deepkiss was spotted happily seated right across from us while watching Curly Top Babycakes working it on the runway. They grow up so fast!
- A certain editor might need to have her eyes rechecked and her memory rehashed. Emily 1 and 2 can’t always stand behind you giving you a heads up on who you’re talking to. Get a clue, girl!
- Of course, the day wouldn’t pass without getting some gossip. An editor couldn’t believe her eyes when she read what seemed to be a steamy conversation between a stylist’s assistant and her special buddy though the assistant’s phone. So steamy that she totally ignored those cute male models walking for a couple of seconds.—LADYZAZA